2016 Employees Tax, Payroll and e@syfile
This seminar is a comprehensive and practical guide to complying with your general employee’s tax obligations. It will review critical changes to the relevant tax legislation in the past fiscal year – including changes to the tax treatment of retirement - allowing you to file those EMP201s and 501s with confidence. This seminar is a must-attend event for payroll administrators, tax technicians, general tax professionals and anyone else responsible for ensuring employees tax compliance.
- An overview of employees tax and recent changes to the legislation: The current landscape
- PAYE in general and the relevant tax tables
- Dealing with e@syfile
- Retirement reform: The new dispensation for provident funds, the new rules for employer and member deductions, and what constitutes the taxable benefit
- UIF, ETI and SDL compliance: A brief overview
- The medical aid rebate
- Tax case law update and SARS binding general rulings
- What are SARS’ payroll audit teams targeting?
- A step-by-step guide to the employer reconciliation process: ensuring payments made to SARS, IRP5/IT3(a)s and EMP201s all add up
- Fringe benefits, and dealing with travel allowances and cellular telephones, the proposed redefinition of “private travel” and the changes to C:SARS’s right to re-determine the cash equivalent fringe benefits
- Changes to the fringe benefit tax exemption thresholds for bursaries
- The dispute resolution process: what to do and who to call on
Gareth Hardy studied at the University of the Witwatersrand obtaining his CMA, BComm and Higher Diploma in Tax Law finishing in 2006. He is registered with SAIT as Master Tax Practitioner.
Gareth’s tax career spans some 20 years. His experience is diversified and he has worked at large listed multinationals, professional services firms, was contracted to SARS and is currently in private practice.
He has studied the ETI since its inception and has been active ETI proponent. Of late he has engaged with SARS head office regarding ETI.
This DVD and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)